Wiping particle like in scene

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By wahyuadiramadan

Excuse me, is it possible to create something like dust, full screen on scene, that we can wipe it?

Can you explain a bit more what you want to do? How would wiping work?

lacethespace | 2020-03-03 12:19

Do you mean bloom lens dirt? Godot does have bloom but not lens dirt. It would have to be a custom shader or something similar to SIsilicon’s lens flare plug-in.

Magso | 2020-03-03 20:43

I played some puzzle game, and there is a scene that i have to find some bones, when i am in that scene i have to clean the dust on screen so i can see what is on behind it
Im sorry my bad English

I want to make something like that, what should i do, ive search on youtube but im not sure with the keyword

wahyuadiramadan | 2020-03-04 03:23

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: lacethespace

The easiest option is to use a many sprites to cover the area where you want the dust to be. Put a large number (maybe 100 or more) of dust sprites randomly on screen. Each of dust sprite would have a small texture loaded from disk, something like 32x32 pixels that looks like a patch of dust.

As player moves mouse, you can find spites that are close to mouse pointer and delete them. For nice effect, fade them out before deleting them.

Another way would be to show a single big texture for dust in front of rest of content. To wipe dust, modify this texture to erase parts of it. This is a bit harder harder than the first option.

thank you for your suggestions,

i think its a bit more like the second way, how can i erase the texture?

wahyuadiramadan | 2020-03-04 13:32