Wrong orientation when adding external mesh in meshlib

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By schmurfy

Hi,
I am trying to build a basic gridmap to test things out but somehow my tiles are rotated 90° when used in a gridmap…

The model was exported with the better collada plugin from blender, when imported into godot directly it looks as expected, I created a scene with a spatial node as parent and the imported mesh below to prepare the mesh library:

I then go to Scene → Convert To → Mesh library and save it.

I create another scene with a spatial, a gridmap below and set the tileset to the meshlib I just created and here is what I get:

I am using godot 3.0, I just did the same test on 3.0.2 and with it I can’t even create the meshlib, or more precisely the tile is not in it.

Any idea on what might be wrong ?

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: schmurfy

I just did another test using the obj file instead of the dae (collada) file and the orientation is correct but obviously I have no textures so my problem is still there…

Importing models into godot is so confusing, better collada is apparently the best way to import from blender but for some reasons almost none of the tutorial I see use it especially with gridmap, gogot is a great project but getting started is getting really frustrating :frowning:

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: adinobro

I had this problem myself.

The problem is Blender. You need to “Apply” the rotation before you export the mesh.