Algebra - how do you code tan^-1(x/y)

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By James122333

how do you code tan^-1(x/y)

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: Lopy

There is a function that does exactly that, called atan2(x, y).

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: TheoTheTorch

I think it would be:

tan(-1) * (x / y)

though, I don’t really know if I understand your question correctly.