Animation on Android runs superfast

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By mhatz


I made a simple animation using AnimationPlayer and a few sprites in a scene. The animation consists of a continuous linear rotation of all the sprites as seen below. The total animation duration is 30 seconds, looping.

The animation is configured with the “Autoplay on load” option. The scene is defined as the “main scene” so it loads at application startup.

Problem is : while I get exactly what I expect on Ubuntu Desktop, the animation runs at crazy speed on my Android tablet (a Samsung Tab A10 referred as SM-T580 from 2016 running LineageOS 17 based on Android 10).

Is there something I can do about this? Am I missing something?

The tablet itself runs other games pretty fine so I don’t expect it to have graphics issues, even though I only tested one Godot sample.

This is the Ubuntu Desktop rendering (good):
Animation running as expected on Ubuntu Desktop

This is the Android rendering (bad):
Animation running crazy on Android tablet

My scene setup:
enter image description here

Thank you for any help! :slight_smile:

Did you create the animations only in the Godot editor “Animation” tab? Is the animation tied to the _process() function?

Ertain | 2020-11-19 17:36

Hi, thanks for your question. I only used the GUI to create the animation, no script involved.

mhatz | 2020-11-19 17:41

Maybe the problem is with the delta as it is different in each system. I think linking it with the process function in gdscript and multipling it with the delta should do the work. This is total assumption from me as this can be caused from varied reasons. (like if there is an engine bug (as I have encountered it several times with animation player)). Hope this helps.

Dinoking | 2020-11-20 04:32

Thanks Dinoking. Seems there is a problem with delta: inside _process(), I print the value of delta and I get:






mhatz | 2020-11-20 22:50

Yup the delta is way too crazy. Try starting a new project and make every thing from scratch again cause sometimes it gets unbalanced and goes haywire. Maybe this should do . Pls do comment if the solution doesn’t work :slight_smile:

Dinoking | 2020-11-21 05:35

I’ve created a new project from scrath with nothing but a 2D scene with a node where I log the delta value from _process() and got the same results.

However, I found a similar bug reported on the github repository here. So I guess it’s an exotic issue with the combination of Godot + LineageOS.

I will try to investigate on that with the help I can find on Github.

mhatz | 2020-11-24 22:38

Yeah good luck

Dinoking | 2020-11-25 09:38