|Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
So I have been interested in Godot for quite a while now.
so the two languages that I am comfortable using are C# and C++.
As far as I can read myself to, Godot support both languages at the same time.
so I have a couple of questions if anyone would be as nice to answer them.
- Can Godot run both languages at the same time?
- How good is the documentation of C# and C++?
- Do you need to install additional software to Run the game after it has been built on Windows? “Sometime you have to do that with C++ games”.
- Yes, it can.
- All code in the official tutorials has examples in both GDScript and C#, but not C++.
- You shouldn’t have to. Not sure where you heard that.
But I don’t recommend using both languages. Just stick to one to make it less complicated. Or use GDScript - a lot of tutorials are written in that as well.
Hey Exuin thanks for the answered.
you wouldn’t mix C# and C++ languages when you have to do something that requires a lot of performance such as A* algorithm?
The third question
I ran into this problem a couple of times on my university.
We have to make sure that our programs can run on a virtual machine with a clean install Windows.
when it comes to C++ a lot of the time we have to install Visual Studio and add the C++ extension before it can run or some other C++ extension.
KasperFly | 2021-03-14 11:36
I wouldn’t mix the two languages since I’m not that worried about performance. But if you really want to optimize I guess you can