Exciting news for the users of Godot 3 among us :astronaut:

The new pre-release is here: read the blog post
TL;DR of the blog post (do you find these useful?):

• updated toolchains for official builds
  • official Linux ARM builds
  • update to minimal supported versions for Apple platforms
  • light probes and directional shadows performance improvements
  • thirdparty library updates

Also don’t forget to try ‘Cardbob’ by @MadCookiesGames :package: :cookie: and grab the game while it is on sale: get it on Steam
“Explore the sci-fi dungeons, collect loot, and negotiate the highest prices in this action roguelite, set in a 3D cardboard world. Grow stronger with each attempt. Be the unlikely hero.”

thumb-dev-snapshot-godot-3-6-beta-4

1 Like

@godot_team I would just like to ask, if it is version 3.x, is the transition from version 3.2.3 to the newer version somehow changed in terms of features
 if I start working with a broken project in 3.2.3 in these new versions, am I at risk of some complications or is it really just a matter of new features and the like?

I don’t really understand what you mean.

You have a project in 3.2.3 currently, which is apparently “broken”? How so?

Upgrading from 3.2.3 to 3.6 is a big jump so you might run into some issues, but for the most part the API should be compatible.

You can do it progressively by testing your project in 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 before jumping on a 3.6 beta. The best starting point to move to 3.6 would be for your project to be fully ported to 3.5.x.

sorry, the word broken should be current project :slight_smile: so it is correct:

if I start working with the current project in 3.2.3 

sorry for this, I didn’t check it after myself

I have tried version 3.5.3 with my project that is currently in version 3.2.3 and everything worked fine. I just wanted to make sure that something unexpected doesn’t appear in version 3.x.x if I upgrade to a higher version

Alright, then you shouldn’t have any major problem going from 3.5 to 3.6. This release mostly adds new features and fixes some bugs, but it shouldn’t break compatibility as far as I know.

1 Like