Dodge The Creeps, getting empty start screen

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By godot_kid

i have done the dodge the creeps tutorial, but when I play the project, all I get is empty screen:

enter image description here

how do I debug this? I tried to retrace the tutorial from start and yet I am not able to figure out how.

my project files - https://filebin.net/ewax078jlskpbu8r

would really appreciate if someone can tell me how to fix this and also, how to fix such errors in future.

apologies if this not the right place and would appreciate if you can tell me where I can get help

thank you!

Did you add the UI scene to main? I can’t see your whole scene tree in your screenshot.

kidscancode | 2018-09-23 15:41

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: kidscancode

Actually, I downloaded your project. When I play the “Main” scene your whole game works fine.

The problem is that you have set the “Player” scene set as the scene that runs when you press the “run” button. Open “Project Settings” and change this in the “Application/Run” section.

thank you so much, it worked!

godot_kid | 2018-09-23 18:17

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: Tao

I got the same problem when I run the debug in the Godot editor. I can see an empty scene. Then I max size the game window and the game contents come out.

Finally, I check the project settings->display->window->fullscreen on, and it works.

My OS is Windows 10.