Exported project refuses to change scenes now.

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By JCJL

Since yesterday after exporting my game to .exe , nothing happens after clicking start game (which is a simple scene change to the game). The game is working fine in the editor and was previously being imported fine as well, now it just flashes the scene changer to no avail.

I was getting an error in the output about default_env.tres and after a little searching i figured the file was displaying a bunch of null in a text editor so i thought the file got corrupted somehow, i made a new project and copied it, i got no errors whatsoever after that but the exported .exe still refuses to run the game scene. I don’t know what is causing this, i don’t recall changing names of directories or scenes recently so i doubt any paths are broken somehow.

What can i do to fix it or figure out whats the issue if the game in the editor is working fine?

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: JCJL

Ok so for whatever reason, exporting the project as Export all resources in the project somehow breaks something, but when selecting Export all selected resources (and dependencies) and checking the entire project it does work again. I have no idea how that makes sense but somehow something isn’t importing when selecting Export all resources in the project .

1 Like

You literally saved my life with that