Hello everyone. Over the summer I have been working on my own version of the old flappy bird game but for desktop instead of mobile. In my delusional optimism I assumed the project would take a few weeks but instead it ended up taking about three months. Maybe a little longer. A lot of that time was spent on the sprites because I’m much more of a programmer than an artist. Still I’m pretty happy with how most of the visuals turned out. While this game is just a derivative of the original Flappy Bird game, it is the first Godot Project I have completed entirely from scratch (I didn’t do it by following a tutorial). As a result I’m quite proud of it and I wanted to show off a bit to other developers. I would love to hear your thoughts on the final result and if you find any bugs I would like to hear about that too. I intend now to move on to a new 3D project that will be entirely my own idea (no more clones) and if all goes well I would like to make money off it; but we’ll see that’s still a long way off.
P.S. This is my first time uploading a game on itch.io so any advice on that would be appreciated as well
P.P.S. As I was typing this a list of similar topics popped up so now I know that this game is not unique at all. Oh well, I still learned a lot making it. ![]()