Fly by in Editor without third mouse button - (aka Orbiting)

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By GameVisitor
:warning: Old Version Published before Godot 3 was released.

Hi all,

In the IDE, how can u “fly by” /rotate + advance in a scene without using the third mouse button ? On Mac the third mouse button works like a charm, but I have an Ubuntu machine and can’t use my third mouse button.

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

What do you mean by “fly by”? Are you referring to the 2D editor or the 3D editor?

Ertain | 2017-09-19 05:51

Are you referring to freelook? Also known as “FPS fly mode”? (only in 3.0)
It uses the second mouse button AFAIK, which is a standard one on practically all mouses and touchpads.
If you are referring to orbit mode (the default), it uses middle mouse button. I think there is a mode initially for touchpads somewhere (which either don’t have middle click or are impractical).
Which Godot version are you using?

Zylann | 2017-09-20 22:55

I am talking about the 3D editor and using Godot 2.1 stable

@Zylann it might be called orbit mode (it also default to middle mouse button in blender). I have a logitech M185 and zooming in and out of the scene works great with the wheel, but not when “clicked and moved”…

GameVisitor | 2017-09-23 08:00

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: GameVisitor

Ok, following your feedback I was able to find the setting to change:

Under Settings → Editor settings → 3D editor → Orbit modifer

It was set to none, i choose Alt and now it works.

Thx again :slight_smile:

Update : In 3.0 and 3.0.2 versions the pan and orbit modifiers are not working anymore (nor the third mouse button), however the right click mentioned by @Zylann is working.

Shift + Middle mouse working on Ubuntu now

GameVisitor | 2018-04-05 15:33