Godot network multiplayer

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Nazym

Can anyone help me with same question (How does one connect to a network server on PC using a client on an android device? - Archive - Godot Forum) , but pc using wi-fi, android using mobile net?

https://yadi.sk/d/QukYM88Twk19wg For example, only needs to enter your ip, and you can try and help me may be?)

Can you connect your phone to the same wi-fi as your PC? It’s the easiest way. Because if your Wi-fi which your PC connects to is not wi-fi shared from your mobile phone, then there is no way for them to connect to each other - both connects to Internet, but are not in the same network, so unless you have some IP exposed on internet there is no way for them to communicate.

Calamander | 2019-04-18 22:33

Also here:

host.create_client(“ENTER IP”, 65333)

instead of “ENTER IP” should be domain or IP address, where your host listens for incoming connections.
Try to make it work on two godot instances (one for server, other for client) on your computer, before trying it separately on different devices.

Calamander | 2019-04-18 22:50

Happened!
I ordered a white ip address from the provider, and opened the port in the settings of the router. Thank you!!)

Nazym | 2019-04-23 14:06