Godot never boots

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By myusername

Just downloaded the engine 4.0.2 for .NET. Using Windows 7 Pro.

Got NET 6 from Windows and installed Ok.

Running the EXE “Godot_v4.0.2-stable_mono_win64_console” brings up a window in which I can select a template project.

These download ok. When I click to either Play or Edit, a larger screen opens (Godot_v4.0.2-stable_mono_win64), it’s blank for a moment, then reports Godot has stopped working.

Finally it says “An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Godot_v4.0.2-stable_mono_win64.exe [948]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from /Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.”

I do not have Visual Studio and wasn’t planning on using it for Godot. I wanted to use their GDscript.

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: jgodfrey

If you want to code using GDscript, you don’t need to .NET version of the engine, nor the Windows .NET 6 installation. Instead, just install from the Godot Engine link (not the Godot Engine - .NET link) here:

While I’m not sure this will fix your problem, it’s more in line with what you’re trying to do and it’s a simpler installation with fewer dependencies.

jgodfrey | 2023-05-07 14:23

Thank you, I also found another answer by you in the form of:

C:\path\to\your\godot4.exe --rendering-driver opengl3

That worked.

myusername | 2023-05-07 14:30