Horrible mobile perfomance

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By MadDevil57

I have simple isometric scene with capsule character that has typical toon shader on it and unshaded plane that character stands on. On PC everything working fine but when i export game to my phone fps drops to 25.
As i noticed fps goes up to 60 when plane no longer on the screen. What can i do with that?

Research it more, perhaps. Who here knows what your plane is or does? I’d have to guess out of million possible reasons.

Rpahut | 2023-07-07 18:49

Nothing actualy, just staticbody with meshinstance and collisionshape, actualy i already deleted it and placed a new one but it doesn’t help at all. My only thought that this is happening because when plane doesn’t exist, it doesn’t need to render anything on 90% of the screen.

MadDevil57 | 2023-07-07 18:58

That you could test by having your character, or a PlaneMesh, drawn over entire screen instead of your plane. Phones are way weaker than PCs, still any one should be able to fill the screen over a number of times and never dip below 60 frames.

Rpahut | 2023-07-07 19:50

I found out that this wasn’t the plane. It was actualy DirectionalLight3D. Basicaly any scene with directional light runs on my phone with huge frame drops.

MadDevil57 | 2023-07-07 19:56