how can I export to ios..?

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By samtse1000

I created a deliberately simple godot project just to test exporting to ios, but it was a disaster…
after two attempts where the ‘exporting’ progress window got stuck at 60% I tried again, leaving it running while I watch a movie , after the movie (97 minutes later) the process was still at 60%! and there was no .ipa file created at the chosen location??
so I opened the xcode project it had created and ran it in the simulator but it looked nothing like I hoped - the main view of the project was displayed at a different orientation, and switching orientation in the simulator, makes no difference?? (the ios project bears no resemblance to the godot project that appears in the godot editor!?)
(this is a test prior because I’ve spent months on a prototype I hope to deploy on ios, so this is a big concern…

1. is it possible to deploy to iOs?
  2. should the deployed app look like what I run in the godot editor…?
  3. how do i do this…?
    f
    following the docs just pauses at 60% and apparently leaves the job unfinished.

p.s theres almost no code in the project just enough c# to respond to mouse clicks (emulating tap) via the input_event signal on an area2d node.
I was mainly trying to test the export process itself and the viewport resolution i’m using in my actual game.

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: scrubswithnosleeves

Here is a tutorial I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovBnO07h80&t=361s

1. yes it is possible to do so and do so without paying for the apple developer program

2. Yes, but you have to imagine what will happen what will happen when the program is running on a different resolution/screen size. So there are things you will need to do in your Project Setting > Window to make sure it scales correctly, and you will need to make sure you are using control nodes correctly if you have any in your game.

3. Follow my tutorial I linked above. Although there might be some issue with using C# instead of GDscript, but idk for sure.

Thanks incidentally I have an Apple developer account I use for TestFlight with react native apps so I was hoping to get an .ipa out of the godot exporter as it promises
I tried again after posting the question but and although the export finished there was no .ipa created!
Maybe it’s ti di with it being C# ?
Your tutorial is in my diary for tomorrow

I hope I’ll learn something from it to do with handling resolutions for iOS ( as I simply chose a viewport size that should be visible on a broad range of iPhones in portrait orientation )
It’s too time consuming to reproduce the error to try and reproduce specifically fir a GitHub issue otherwise I’d try that ( as something is obviously wrong )
Thx again

samtse1000 | 2020-12-21 00:43

Hey,

Yeah, maybe it does have something to do with C# because I do get a .ipa file on export. It sounds like your doing it right, just watch my tutorial on 2x speed and see if you missed anything. My game exports and builds in like 30 seconds.

scrubswithnosleeves | 2020-12-21 05:16