How to switch from Oxygine C++ to GoDot C++

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By minika
:warning: Old Version Published before Godot 3 was released.

Hi,

I have done a game by using C++ Game engine and it is pure c++ based application.

My game does have images embedded and sound tracked embbed. What if I am still keen in c++ development. How could I switch to Godot engine?

As my knowledge:-

Sprite(image, animate, Sound, tween, Update frame)

Thanks,

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: eons

From my experience, I can tell you if you want to pass from one technology/framework/engine to other, do it by replicating the mechanics, not trying to adapt code or design because it may not fit at all and will give you a lot of problems.

Hi Eons,

Where can I get the demo or sample by just using pure the c++ .

Regards,
Minika

minika | 2017-10-10 23:53

The “gridmap” module (2.1) could be an example of something made in c++ (not counting the editor itself).

Then you have this “benchmark” project too GitHub - Shin-NiL/Godot-BunnyMark-CPP: A simple comparison between the BunnyMark benchmark written in GDScript and its direct adaptation to a CPP module.

On Godot 3 there is an easier way with Native scripts, but using it will add extra work on the portability side.

Here is the platformer demo (may need some fixes because GDNative module is still a WIP) GitHub - godotengine/gdnative-demos: Demo projects for GDNative

eons | 2017-10-12 02:04