I can't upload minimum reproduction projects

on GitHub i must upload a minimum reproduction Godot project if i want to open an issue about a bug in Godot.

in Godot forum’s Help category, minimum reproduction projects are just as useful for the same reason:
people can download the project and look for the answer in Godot, as if they were actual developers on my game.

unfortunately Godot forum does not want me to upload ZIP files, so i can’t attach minimum reproduction projects:

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp, avif, webm, mp4).

3 Likes

The GitHub minimal reproduction is for bug resolution.

The forums are for help. I think the “rule” here is if you have a problem try to make it a simple as possible. I don’t know how many people will want to load an entire project here.

My suggestion is if you have found a bug and want people to look at it use GitHub.

If you want someone to figure out a problem in your project just ask the question and provide code and screenshots to the issue.

1 Like

in my experience, being able to load a minimum reproduction project makes it more convenient to look for the answer because then people can just download and start my project
rather than having to spend more time setting up a similar Godot project on their own.

if someone doesn’t want to download my minimum reproduction project, it’s their thing. many people would appreciate and use the option — that was customary on the old forum.

1 Like

are we worried about malicious uploads and projects?

2 Likes

There’s cases where not having the project makes it more difficult to help, so having a minimal reproduction project is very useful.

@sosasees what about uploading your project to Github, Gitlab, or some other free code hosting service? Or some free file hosting service, like Google Drive?

1 Like

i will do this until ZIP attachments are allowed on Godot forums.

until then, many people are discouraged to add minimum reproduction projects to their question posts.