|Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
I’m totally new on 3D, I’m trying to follow some tutorials to render a JPG image of the earth on a sphere. It’s almost working but I have an issue.
This is what I’ve done:
- Created a Mesh instance element under earth KinematicBody
- Add a SphereMesh to the mesh node
- Add a SpatialMaterial to the mesh node
- Add Albedo Texture to the SpatialMaterial
- Remove some flags to improve the rendering of the JPG over the mesh sphere (Minmaps and repeat)
When I arrive to step 5, on the editor I see the JPG perfeclty rendered without repeat and minmaps but when I play the scene the earth is badly rendered, on the editor the definition is really high but when I play the scene is awful:
What is the issue here ? Is related to the Camera node ? some missing configuration on the Mesh or other node ?
OS version: macOS Mojave
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9 M290X
Which version of Godot are you using?
Which platform are you on?
Which graphics card?
Looks like a bug that could get reported.
Zylann | 2018-11-15 19:27
@Zylann thanks for your answer, I’ve added that info to the question
AlvaroAV | 2018-11-16 01:00
Is it just 3.0 or 3.0.6?
You may have to report an issue with all the details and an example project on the issue tracker.
Zylann | 2018-11-16 01:08