Platformer slopes and RayCast Shapes

Godot v3.5.3.stable.official [6c814135b]

Hi all! I’m asking about “RayCast Shapes” as talked about in this “Godot 3.1 will get many improvements to KinematicBody” document… Godot 3.1 will get many improvements to KinematicBody

I can’t seem to find RayCast Shapes in the editor and I have the exact issue with 2D slope movement mentioned there. IE inconsistent speed going up and down slopes.

Am I missing something? Have they been called something else or were they not implemented in v3.x?
Thanks for any info :slight_smile:

Ah, I think I found it. It’s a collision shape (CollisionShape2D) called ‘RayShape2D’, not “RayCast Shape”. Now I know what it’s called I’ve found it in the documentation. Yay! :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

So after finding ‘RayShape2D’, I got this working after some initial problems with getting snagged on tile corners by using the hints/information found here: The addition of more separation shapes besides RayShape (and their relation to KinematicBody) · Issue #333 · godotengine/godot-proposals · GitHub

Basically, for my 2D platformer I’ve gone with the two pronged RayShape2D solution. Hopefully this info will save someone some time in future :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.