PopupPanel does not resize when children changes size

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By Ram

I have a PopupPanel a MarginContainer and VBox inside containing rows. When I popup the PopupPanel it is able to size properly to the number of rows. However if I change the number of rows while it is open it does not update it’s size so the rows are drawn outside of the PopupPanel when adding rows or there is empty space in the PopupPanel when removing rows. I tried many size flags options without understanding how to fix the problem.

If I close and reopen the popup it fixes the size. But it is messy to close and open the popup every time the size changes.

EDIT: I found a decent workaround but I still think it is a bug. If I set the rect_size of the popupPanel to something small (the exact value does not really matter) every time the table is resized it seems to force it to recalculate and draws properly.

I can confirm that it behaves that way. So consider opening an issue about it. I would also like to encourage you to post your workaround here for others dealing with the same issue in the future. :slight_smile:

njamster | 2020-06-22 11:26