Redot Engine [A fork of the Godot Engine]

#fork

Redot Engine – Multi-platform 2D and 3D game engine

RedotEngine is a fork if you want to take a break for a while

For those interested in the work and not the politics.

Hopefully everything gets back together and people remember what OpenSource is, otherwise it’s just another step in the evolution of what OpenSource goes through to be what it is.

A fork of the Godot Engine.

9 Likes

dude,

Are you aware tha open source software is a political view?

The idea of “Open source” does not have any relation to governance, political parties, or the pursuit of power. The sole purpose of the ReDot fork is to make sure it stays that way.

3 Likes

I did hear a little bit about some controversy regarding the Godot engine.
I’m not caught up on exactly what the issue was, but I would like to say that our beliefs are generally a result of the information we take in.

As individuals in a community we should be aware that not everyone will think alike; and to impose your own beliefs on someone else who has taken in different information is really not fair.

We should be tolerant of other opinions and we should also be aware of certain
political tactics that have been used throughout history.

1 Like

Sounds to me like the redot folks are admitting defeat before they even begin.
How exactly is this supposed to work when Godot 4.4 comes out?
Does redot re-fork? Ethically speaking isn’t that just supporting Godot anyway?
Or are they going to let themselves fall behind Godot development; a doomed scenario?
It is laughable that anyone would take this fork seriously.

1 Like

Forks often track the “upstream” repository so updates to Godot can be merged into Redot, so far they have only deviated by changing the logo.

Yeah, but then that is the scenario I described wherein redot is a silly mask that hides the Godot ethos underneath.
Positively ludicrous.

Pretty much! When audacity added telemetry plenty of forks spawned that existed to keep telemtry code out, like tenacity. But this Godot fork isn’t motivated by bad code or any rejected pull requests, so as a software it is truely no different. proton ge for example uses experiemental and rejected changes to wine/proton to create a unique fork.

2 Likes

:-1:

Well, they haven’t said that they hate religious people so that’s good enough for me.

(post deleted by author)

Well I wanted to edit not delete. The problem seems to be that fake issues and pull requests are being made. Seems also people are going into their discord web deal and causing issues also. So who knows what will happen.