Request to add an "In-Progress" showcase category/sub-catgegory

As suggested I’m making a post here.

For my understanding, an “In-Dev” showcase category would make the most sense to be within the “Showcase” major category. It would be for creations of all kinds that utilize Godot in some way.

An improvement would be to section off into different categories within “InDev” (not requiring any nesting though!):

• Games (playable software intended for entertainment)
  • Software Tools (Runnable software that is intended to be used for the creation of some kind of assets)
  • Godot Tools (Plugins, Extensions, and other resources that are for use within the Godot Engine)
  • Misc (Anything that doesn’t fit into any other category)

And just to give a little disclaimer, these are merely suggestions of how I would lay out the forum should I ever have unilateral control over it. I imagine this type of thing can and should be scaled to fit community needs

7 Likes

What do we name the category? Ideas:

• devlogs
  • in-progress
  • WIP

I would not create that many subcategories, at a certain point it will become too much to be useful. Instead I’d add tags for the flavor so that people can tag their post appropriately.

2 Likes

I really like “WIP” since it’s generic enough and doesn’t imply too much in terms of quality requirements (to me at least)

I would not create that many subcategories, at a certain point it will become too much to be useful. Instead I’d add tags for the flavor so that people can tag their post appropriately.

NGL I forgot about tags lol. That would definitely be a cleaner way to organize things!

Ok, then one category plus tags it is! I’ll wait a bit more if more people have opinions on naming, but otherwise this seems good :sparkles:

sounds cool! I’m thinking maybe in development rather than in progress or wip, sounds a bit better

We now have a WIP category: In Development
Feel free to still suggest name changes.

We also now have a tag group for this:

2 Likes

oh wow this updates in real-time! that’s so cool

2 Likes

hmm, it also solves the issue that WIP is an abbreviation and not everyone is a native english speaker. Will rename

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.