rotating part of model

:information_source: Attention Topic was automatically imported from the old Question2Answer platform.
:bust_in_silhouette: Asked By gdt_dvlpr

Hello,

I am very new to Godot engine and game development. So, please bear with me if my question sounds too silly.

I finished 2 tutorials and I dare to attempt my first game. I am kind of puzzled at the first step tho. I am lost how I should approach this. Here is the issue I am facing with:

I am shooting for a 3D game. I would like to model an artillery in blender and move it into godot. Player will control the artillery and fire. Basic controls will be bearing and pitch. In order to make it more realistic I would like the game object to change its bearing and pitch too. is there any way to rotate part of a model somehow? Or should I make my model in 2 pieces (1-for the barrel which will rotate and 2-base on which the barrel will be mounted on).

Having 2 separate pieces that I glue in the game does not sound right to my ears. However I do not how to rotate only a part of a model either.

Any help for this new beginner’s silly question would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

:bust_in_silhouette: Reply From: tuon

The easiest thing to do is have separate models. Then you don’t have to figure out how to move only part of a model.