Welcome to the Godot Forum! 👋

Persistent, open-source, and web searchable > closed source, non-web-searchable, and non-persistent IMO

4 Likes

Hello everybody! Glad to be here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be honest it’s only nice for real-time communication. For everything else it’s not really usable :sweat_smile:
Especially for content it’s absolutely bad since there is no easy way to make it accessible outside of their ecosystem. So having a proper forum is really good, so that we have a place for content :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hi everyone and welcome!

It’s good to be back in an official and well maintained forum :slight_smile:

The old Q&A served us well as Godot grew, but it became too difficult to combat the constant spam attacks. This Discourse seems to be much more resilient, especially with the added barrier of the keycloak SSO.

Thanks to @winston-yallow and @Emi for all the work to set this up and convert all the old Q&A posts so seamlessly. A true feat of engineering!

Have fun everyone, be kind, and make cool games and apps!

10 Likes

It’s great to see the QA site back and that all of the posts were ported over too. Great job to everyone involved! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Forums make my old internet heart very happy. Glad this is here as a searchable, slow mode discord <3

5 Likes

Hey! Spotted the new forum announcement on Discord and wanted to drop in to say hi! I’m new to Godot, but it sounds like I’m arriving at a good time.

2 Likes

Good work.

3 Likes

Happy launch, congrats to the team :partying_face:

2 Likes

Oh lord, I haven’t been in a forum in forever! The nostalgia! I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for any interesting topics.

Congratulations on the launch! Feels super comfy.

3 Likes

Been ages since I’ve posted on a traditional forum. It feels nice. Like slipping into an old robe

4 Likes

I feel like Discourse is quite modern for being a forum. Like, it’s the same old concept but build from the scratch in a modern way. It’s the small thinks, like seeing in real-time that someone else is writing a reply or not having to reload the page to see new content. I think these things really contribute to it being nicely usable while working just like one expect a forum to work :sparkles:

3 Likes

ah, finally migrated. nice new forums :smile:

2 Likes

So happy to have a new godot forum, cheers! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

Congrats to everyone who participated in making this possible.

I :heart: open source!

2 Likes

Congrats on this fantastic step towards a better ecosystem!

2 Likes

Thanks for this new forum. Much appreciated :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this!

Can’t wait to see it grow :heart:

Edited to get the edit a badge!

3 Likes

This new forum looks great! Thanks for making it available. :sunglasses:

3 Likes