Welcome to the Godot Forum! đź‘‹

We are glad you joined us! :gdparty:

Godot Forum

A place for the Godot community to to ask questions and provide help to other users.

Here are some things you can do to get started:

:speaking_head: Introduce yourself by adding your picture and information about yourself and your interests to your profile. What is one thing you’d like to be asked about?

:open_book: Get to know the community by browsing discussions that are already happening here. When you find a post interesting, informative, or entertaining, use the :+1: to show your appreciation or support!

:white_check_mark: Mark questions as solved so that helpers know that no more answers are needed-

:handshake: Contribute by commenting, sharing your own perspective, asking questions, or offering feedback in the discussion. Before replying or starting new topics, please review the Community Guidelines.

:warning: Use the correct categories to post. Please keep help related questions to Help, and use General for all other discussions. The Showcase and Resources categories are not for questions or discussions, they are exclusively for sharing awesome and useful projects, tools or assets!

:globe_with_meridians: International communities for other languages than English can be found on our user-groups map on our main website.

If you need help or have a suggestion, feel free to ask in Site Feedback or contact the admins.

85 Likes

I’m glad to see the official forums, :slightly_smiling_face: I was surprised that I got redirected here when I was trying to access the old https://ask.godotengine.org

I guess going forward, the Q&A section will be part of the forums instead of going stand alone?

6 Likes

Exactly! This is basically a place for questions and answers, but also for the community in general to discuss and show what they are working on. All the old content from the previous Q&A platform is still accessible in the Archive

We will also publish a blog post with a few more details in a few days :tada:

9 Likes

It’s great to see this finally back!

4 Likes

Glad to be part of this!

3 Likes

Great stuff, looking forward to keep in touch here

5 Likes

Excited to have the forums up again!! :tada: :tada: :tada:

5 Likes

Really a cool and nice site I have to say I love it!

this is a meaningless sentence … with a strange emoji :gdsweat:

5 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:
Finally this is back, love it

4 Likes

hello, godotiers! efi here ready to chomp some bytes :smirk_cat:

5 Likes

With Godot growing in popularity, this is absolutely the right step foward!

4 Likes

So happy to see it on discourse! We use discourse for our stuff as well, it’s my favorite open source forum.

Considering how heavily I used the old forums I expect I’ll be here on this one a lot as well.

4 Likes

Welcome old and new forum users :smiley:.

I did not use the old forum nor the QA website in the past, but I’ve been quite active on the Discord server for at least six years now. I look forward to seeing all of you around here. I’m most excited that we can properly archive the communities great questions that can be searched or recovered in the future (unlike Discord).

6 Likes

I’m a co-founder of Discourse (This forum software) and now am using Godot for my game ideas. It’s so lovely to see these two projects I love come together. :heart:

30 Likes

That’s amazing @eviltrout :blue_heart:
We considered many options but this was the best by far, and it being open source was an obvious choice. Thank you so much and good luck with your games, looking forward to see what you make (:

7 Likes

So excited for the new forum! We’re obviously big into Godot, and use the forum a LOT.

3 Likes

Excited for the new forum!

Welcome all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Love the new forum! It’s great to see how much the Godot community is growing this year! :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome everyone!

4 Likes

It’s nice to see a new forum in a time, where most forums die because of discord. Of course, discord is nice, but my heart belongs to the “good old” polycount & co :slight_smile:

6 Likes