Can you isolate animation filtering for bones/functions?

Godot Version

Question

Hi! I’m working on the animations for my game and In my animation I’m filtering out the legs when playing upper body animations (attack, draw weapon etc.) so that the legs keep moving at the same time as the player performs an action. I’ve run into a problem though: it seems I can’t isolate filtering bones from filtering functions (or at least I haven’t found a way).

The problem:
When I filter the functions, the upper body functions play, but not for the legs.
When I don’t filter the functions, the leg functions play but not the ones for the upper body. It’s an either or kind of situation.

What I want:
I want to be able to disable filtering for functions full-stop so that all functions play, both for the legs and the upper body. Can this be done?

Thank you

Here’s my setup:

Ok so the “solution” to this problem is simple but have really bad implications for more complex animations.

What you have to do is to make sure the function tracks for each filtered mesh part call their function on different nodes in the tree. For some reason this works even though it would seem to me to be effectively the same? (You either filter something or you don’t)

Why does this work? I have no idea. My intuition is that the functions of the CharacterBody should be filtered out but they’re not, they get called. I think this might be a bug.