Change path to object inside AnimationPlayer

Godot Version

4.2.2 stable

Question

Importing a custom animation always saves the animation path as RootNode/Armature/Skeleton3D. When adding the animation to my AnimationPlayer, I have to manually edit out the RootNode of each entry, as my character set up is just Armature/Skeleton3D.

Obviously, this is incredibly annoying and tedious. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to mass change the node path in the AnimationPlayer?

I don’t think mass renaming is supported in the animation player editor.

I don’t know what may be causing the root issue (wrong animation path) but you may want to check your model source file to see if it’s correctly setup and any modifications have been correctly applied.

If you think everything is setup correctly and it’s still failing to import you may want to open an issue here Issues · godotengine/godot · GitHub attaching the model in question and the problem you are having so the development team is aware of that issues.

As a workaround, you could write an EditorScenePostImport script and use that script to edit the Animation Resource directly changing the track NodePath to the correct one with Animation.track_set_path()

Thank you for the reply. I double checked my model, and the path for the model is Armature/Skeleton3D/Body, which is how I want it to be.

I’m importing animations from Mixamo (I should have mentioned that part my bad), which they must default to RootNode/Armature/…