Coffee Shop Tycoon Sim! - Prototype (Godot 4.6)

GitHub Page

Tumblr Dev. log With Small Showcase

So this really is just a small prototype of what I want my game to be. I am mainly posting it because I need/want eyes on my code. I’m entirely self taught and no one else I know has much interest in the actual coding part of game development so it’s gotten pretty hard to stay motivated on that front.

The end goal here is a coffee shop themed tycoon sim as explained by the name. Currently as a prototype it is just a number go up sim, but that felt like the core mechanic for any tycoon style sim so that’s kind of what I’m trying to focus on. How to make the number go up and how to make it feel rewarding. As is it’s bad, but it’s also my second game to have a gameplay loop and my third attempt at making a game in general so I’m trying to cut myself some slack.

I’ll be posting In depth dev logs on Tumblr, because it’s the only social media site I’m halfway decent at using, but I figured I’d reshare them here every now and then to get some extra eyes on my work. If you do look at the showcase or my github repo and offer any feedback good or bad, thank you I need it and I really really appreciate it.

1 Like