DEV SNAPSHOT: Godot 4.3 dev 6

Guess who is finally feature complete? Yes, Godot 4.3 is near!

It’s becoming even beefier with 650 commits in this particular Dev Snapshot :cut_of_meat:

Note for those who recently saw a certain tutorial: TileMap layers are now also nodes :grimacing:

TL;DR:

• 2D physics interpolation
  • TileMap layers as nodes
  • Reverse Z depth buffer
  • Automatic engine update checks

Play mayor with @BippinBits :video_game: Free on itch.io

Enter the catacombs beneath Tristram Cathedral by summoning brave heroes to face the dangers that lurk in the depths. Assemble your own party of heroes and fight to defeat evil and recover valuable treasures. Rebuild your once destroyed city with the gold from your adventures and upgrade buildings for ever more powerful equipment.

16 Likes

Nice one!

:drooling_face:

1 Like

please 3.6
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

2 Likes

When do you guys plan to release 4.3 beta?

1 Like

Ideally next week! But no promises :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OH WOOOW i can’t believe that !! I can’t wait to move to 4.3. Thank you for improving the software.

To be honest, after the release of version 4, I was very dissatisfied with the developers, many errors remain to this day that were still discovered in 4.0, for example, the lack of UndoRedo in the UV Editor, or the lack of the ability to edit or delete points in NavigationObstacle2D. Many fixes from third parties seem to be simply ignored, and many errors are questioned :frowning:

We must not forget old errors and correct them, but developers most often, on the contrary, add something new so that even more errors appear, it’s an endless cycle.

This bug was only reported yesterday, so pretty hard to have solved it already, if you knew of this bug previously and didn’t report it then you can’t expect it to have been solved already, also that one is no older than 4.1, as there wasn’t any obstacle with vertices in 4.0

1 Like

And it’s solved! Within a week!

2 Likes