Godot export issue help

Godot Version

4.5.1

Question

Hey everyone, i need some help.
I exported my game, and it runs perfectly fine on my computer. I uploaded both the standalone executable (.exe) and a ZIP version to Google Drive and shared them with a friend.

However, when they launch the game, they only see a white screen. They tried it on two different devices, so it doesn’t seem to be a hardware issue.

I also downloaded the exact same files I sent them, and both versions work perfectly fine on my computer.

Now, there are two places where the white screen appears.

1. The main menu

There are two important things to note here:

  • You can see a small corner of the actual background around the edge of the white screen.
  • The game still detects mouse clicks. If I click somewhere on the white screen, the menu suddenly becomes visible.

So, here’s what seems to be happening: while the scroll (AnimatedSprite2D) is waiting on its first frame in the menu, the screen stays white. When I click and the animation starts playing, the white screen disappears, and the menu background becomes visible. The rest of the game then works perfectly fine.

However, if I exit the menu using the NaSzia (exit option), which plays the scroll’s (AnimatedSprite2D) animation in reverse, the screen turns white again.

2. Scene 03

The other place where this happens is Scene 03, but here the screen stays white the entire time.

In this scene, the AnimatedSprite2D nodes are constantly visible and active: Kardeq (AnimatedSprite2D) and Kardatt (AnimatedSprite2D).

Basically, everything seems to work, but whenever an AnimatedSprite2D is involved, the screen stays white until the sprite disappears. At least, that’s what it looks like to me.

I’ve tried exporting the game using several different rendering/compression configurations:

  • Forward+ with ETC2 / GL Compatibility with ETC2
  • Forward+ with S3TC

I’ve now switched back to the default Forward+ with S3TC, since I used this configuration for an older project without any problems.

Some additional information:

  • The AnimatedSprite2D nodes use spritesheets.
  • I’m using Godot 4.5.1, and I’ve already made games with this exact same version without encountering this issue.
  • I tried using a newer version of Godot, but it wouldn’t let me download the export templates, so I couldn’t export the game at all.
  • Whenever I mentioned rendering above, I was referring to exporting the game.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, I’d really appreciate the help. I’m completely stuck at this point, and I have no idea what else to try.

func _ready() -> void:
    print("hello world")

Get the logs from your friend. Usually separating the pack from the executable is a bad idea but they likely wouldn’t even see a white screen if the two were separate.

HEY! Thank you but I think I’ve figured out what the problem was.

I drew it in Aseprite at 320x180px.

However, I scaled it up by 600% to make it 1920x1080. The problem is that for those two animations, this also multiplied the spritesheet dimensions, so some of the images ended up being 19200x1080, and that’s what was being used in the AnimatedSprite2D.

I think this is where the problem lies, if i know well, godot has a limit; 16384×16384 pixels.
(Sry for my english)
Thank you again for your response!