How to set a parent `instance` for `instance` in `RenderingServer`?

Godot Version

Question

I’m using RenderingServer and I’m having trouble setting a parent instance for an instance to inherit its transform.
In canvas_item related methods, RenderingServer provides canvas_item_set_parent method to set canvas_item’s parent canvas_item, but I didn’t find similar method in instance related methods.
My question is, how to set parent instance for instance to inherit transform from parent instance?

can you just throw the created instance RID to the canvas_item_set_parent method to set ones instance as parent of other instance?

nevermind, it’s 2 different things, instance is for 3d, not for 2d canvasitem

I looked at the source code of the Godot engine and found that in the 4.2 version of the source code the engine directly uses global_transform.
This means that the RenderingServer may not provide a set_parent class method for the instance or I can’t use it directly in gdscript.
Therefore, the workaround for this problem is to use global_transform directly in the code and notify the child node when the transform is updated.

void VisualInstance3D::_notification(int p_what) {
	switch (p_what) {
		case NOTIFICATION_ENTER_WORLD: {
			ERR_FAIL_COND(get_world_3d().is_null());
			RenderingServer::get_singleton()->instance_set_scenario(instance, get_world_3d()->get_scenario());
			_update_visibility();
		} break;

case NOTIFICATION_TRANSFORM_CHANGED: {
            // (edit) Here is it.
			Transform3D gt = get_global_transform();
			RenderingServer::get_singleton()->instance_set_transform(instance, gt);
		} break;

case NOTIFICATION_EXIT_WORLD: {
			RenderingServer::get_singleton()->instance_set_scenario(instance, RID());
			RenderingServer::get_singleton()->instance_attach_skeleton(instance, RID());
		} break;

case NOTIFICATION_VISIBILITY_CHANGED: {
			_update_visibility();
		} break;
	}
}

Referenced from /scene/3d/visual_instance_3d.cpp in the https://github.com/godotengine/godot 4.2 branch