HTTPRequest timeout and CORS issues when fetching external analytics API in Web export

I am currently building an internal tools dashboard in Godot 4 to monitor our community site performance and automate checking domain metrics across our web portals. Everything behaves as expected in the editor, but whenever I trigger the HTTPRequest node to fetch and parse the dapascore stats for our game’s landing domains within an HTML5 export, the request fails silently or returns an empty response body.

The desktop export processes the API call and parses the JSON response without any hiccups, so I suspect this might be related to browser CORS limitations or SSL certificate handling inside the WebAssembly environment. Has anyone experienced similar cross-origin blockers when fetching external web statistics in Godot web builds, and is routing the request through a dedicated lightweight proxy the best way to handle the headers?

It most definitely sounds like a CORS issue, I recommend looking into the settings for your specific backend and frontend setup.

But on another note… why use Godot for this? I feel like that’s way overcomplicating something that you could write with simple JavaScript or TypeScript and a bit of backend code much easier, and it’ll most likely perform a million times better too.