Moving CharacterBody2Ds jitter in SubViewPort

Godot Version

Question

Hello! Sorry to be a bother.

I recently had to move my main game node into a subviewport (it’s Zelda-1 inspired, so the main game is in a subviewport vertically below the UI). I noticed that when I did this, my CharacterBody2D’s (enemies and the player) moved with a very jittery motion. They only do this when they are inside of the subviewport.

After some googling and testing, I found that I could fix this by flooring/ceiling the CharacterBody’s global position so that it would be an integer. HOWEVER, doing this makes it so that the CharacterBody has a very high speed that cannot be lowered. I have recreated this in a blank test project and it works fine, so I don’t know what I’ve missed. I should also note that I do have “Snap 2D Transforms to Pixel” and its vertices equivalent set to off in both the project and on the subviewport.

So I guess I’m asking for either A) a way to smooth out the jitteriness or B) a way of rounding position that doesn’t affect the speed of movement. Anything helps; at this point I’ve been trying things for about seven hours and I don’t know what else to do.

Cheers!

Okay, fixed it. It turns out it was caused by the fact that the subviewport’s scale was set smaller than the size that it was being displayed in-game. Who knew?