Need Help Regarding My Final Year Project Using Godot 4

Godot Version

Question

Greetings fellow developers! First of all, I’m a computer science student (undergraduate) and I’m new to this community.

So currently I’m trying to learn on how to develop a simple 2D game by watching the tutorials on YouTube and I’m planning to develop a 2D game for building a pc for beginners just like pc building simulator for my final year project using godot.

So what my game will look like is that first the user will be prompted by a main menu like play, level select, settings to adjust the volume and exit game button. When the user click play, the game starts with a blank motherboard and they then have a certain amount of time to assemble the computer parts to the right place by using drag and drop mechanism. The information about the computer parts and their function will be displayed to guide them. Once they have built the computer, points will be awarded in star rating based on the completion time and in order to unlock the next level, they have take a quiz to test their knowledge of what they have just learned. If they pass the quiz, they will move on to the next level. Level select button in the main menu will allow the players to replay the past levels.

So my question is, how can i find all the assets related to this game like computer parts or do i need to design it myself?

Any tips or recommendations like what nodes that i can use or etc. are highly appreciated!

This is a fairly broad question and therefore hard to answer, but this tutorial by Bramwell might be a good starting point for your project:

I’m a bit confused about your question about assets, though. Are we talking about art assets (i.e. images, sounds, etc.)? If so, of course you can use whatever you can find online, as long as you have the rights to use it. But if there’s nothing quite like what you want, then yes, you obviously have to do design your assets yourself.