Problems exporting to Linux Ubuntu

Godot Version

Question

Hello everyone!

I’m having a problem exporting a game to Linux. I exported a game to Linux with the “Compatibility” render and a someone told me that the 3D models of the game are not visible when playing on Linux (Here is a video if you want to watch the problem). I opened the game in Godot 4.2.1 and exported it again, but now the game did not open in Linux. This is very strange and I don’t know how to fix it. If anyone knows the solution to this problem or someone was in the same problem, please tell me.

Thank you for reading.

Try searching the Godot Github issues. Also, make a very small project that reproduces the problem. That will get you further.

Are there any error messages while you export your game?

Hello!
No, there are no messages while I export the game. I can make another similar project and try some things like models, scripts and configurations to see what the problem is. I will try to search in the Godot Github issues to find a solution.
Thanks for responding to my post!

Which graphics card model is the player using? If they don’t know, tell them to run lspci | grep VGA in a terminal and paste the output.

Also, which Ubuntu version is the player using?

Hello!
The player said me that he use an Intel HD Graphics series integrated graphics card and he is using Ubuntu 16.04.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to be expected to support a version of Ubuntu that is no longer supported. If that user is on Ubuntu 16.04 their version of Mesa might be so old that it doesn’t support something in Godot’s renderer.

18.04 is the latest LTS but even that is about to be sunset in a year.

1 Like

18.04 is EOL since April 2023, since it was released in April 2018 and LTS releases are supported for 5 years.

20.04 will be EOL in April 2025.

1 Like

Oh that’s right. I was looking at the chart incorrectly.