Resources for learning about completing a game? menus, saving/loading, switrching scenes, etc

Godot Version

4

Question

Hello!

I’ve been messing around in Godot making little physics things for a few years and have never done a lot of basic stuff like menu design, scene loading/switching, saving/loading, deploying to different platforms, localization, etc. Basically all the boring stuff you need to know to connect your cool ideas together into a finished project.

I’m starting now on a very simple game idea like “Fruit Merge” to learn all this. I’m wondering if there are any go-to guides out there for all of the less glamorous aspects of making a game in Godot? I wold love to be able to open a completed Godot project up in Godot and se how it handles all these little things. I would appreciate any resources, or just the story of how you figured it out.

thank you so much!

In my opinion, the Godot documentation has everything you would ever need, you just need to search for a specific topic you are currently dealing with.