Running .x86_64 export in Arch Linux

Godot Version

v4.7.2.stable.arch_linux [ed1daf0bf]

Question

I’m using CachyOS which is a type of Arch Linux distro.

Upon Export with Linux(Runnable) Template and an x86_64 option creates an executable .x86_64 file but attempting to run the file results in “The file or folder /fldr/filename.x86_64 does not exist.”

Using chmod a+x filename.x86_64 and then ./filename.x86_64 give the error “‘./filename.x86_64’ exists but is not an executable file.”

Searching online indicates that I’m missing some library or other for running such a binary, but as for which I have no idea.

I really want to fix this because as a related issued the DEBUG window while testing my game only goes up to 1256x706 Resolution which is causing some minor issues rendering my 1920x1080 project and I want to make sure it looks correct at full scale while I work on the HUD and Canvas elements of the game. While I’m on the topic, does anybody know why the camera is starting at 0,0 then sliding into position? I’ll probably just slap a loading screen over the top of it but it’s a little strange.

EDIT: The executable error is a file permissions error, moved it to a new directory and it works.

it sounds like the file doesn’t exist, if you are running this from the command line maybe your current working directory is wrong and you need to change directories to your build folder. You probably can double-click the built game from your preferred file manager.

The fact that a different command says it “exists but is not an executable file” indicates that the file exists. Also, the “doesn’t exist” error comes from clicking the file.

Very strange, is your file manager run in a sandbox? Are you using flatpaks? What does ls -l list as the file owner and permissions?

I’m sorry man but you should probably tag out on this one, I don’t think you’re the person who can help. Are you successfully running these exports on your own Arch Linux?

Yes I am. I have no problems building with the downloaded exports and my own built export templates. I think you need to give more information as it’s an unusual case.

AH! I dismissed you too early, it WAS a file permissions issue lol. Moved it to a new folder and it works.