Where are error logs for iOS export issues?

Godot Version

v4.2.2.stable.official [15073afe3]
Apple M2, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Question

I’m trying to do an export to iOS on a Mac and I’m getting the following error message in the output log:

editor/export/editor_export_platform.h:182 - Xcode Build: Xcode project build failed, see editor log for details.

For some time now I’ve been trying to find the “editor log” where I’m supposed to find more details. Anybody any idea where it is? It doesn’t appear to be in the application log directories.

I think “editor log” refers to the Output bottom panel. There is no dedicated log file for the editor that would contain more information than what the Output panel displays.

However, you can start the editor with the --verbose command line argument to make it print more things than it would do usually.

Thanks for the reply.
Using --verbose from a Mac terminal gives no difference to the output, probably because the processes is being forked from the terminal, unlike in windows where its still running in the cmd window. I’m not sure if this behaviour can be changed/how to change this behaviour.
On windows when I’ve had errors I’ve sometimes found all of the output plus additional error messages in the AppData directory for the project, the equivalent files on Mac aren’t updated by the export process. (I’m new to Mac).
I think I might need to try exporting to windows/desktop to get a better understanding of how the export process works.

I think what you have to do is install Xcode if you haven’t already. And then find a way for Godot to recognize that you have Xcode installed. But you will have to accept the user license agreement first.

Thanks for the reply.
I installed Xcode and setup a key. From the logs I think Xcode is being used (although I might be wrong), although I believe after running the export wizard you then need to go into Xcode and use the exported project that’s created to build the final application - however I’ve not got that far so again I’m not sure.
I’m basically trying to follow along to this:
Exporting to iOS using Godot 4.1, for free | by Phillip T. George | Medium
In writing this out, the above says it’s for 4.1 and I’m using 4.2, I’ll get 4.1 and give that a go.

After trying exporting with 4.1 @Calinou was probably right and the output shown is the log in question, e.g. it’s referring to itself.
I think the issue on 4.2 is that my phone isn’t found against my team account (I haven’t paid for one), it’s not using the fact the phone is connected to the machine, and it’s resulting in not creating a provisioning profile. On this basis I think you have to pay the annual fee to get it to work.
I think there’s a different issue on 4.1 as I also get this in the output:

xcodebuild[9822:81631] Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 "JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. around line 1, column 0." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. around line 1, column 0., NSJSONSerializationErrorIndex=0}

It could also be to do with compatibility of the version of Xcode etc (I’ve 15.0 installed). I think it’s (yet) another issue to revisit later.