Hi! Hope this is right place to post this.
I’m the developer of wooingbee inkoder, a free browser-based GIF and animated WebP converter.
I built it to make sharing short clips easier without having to keep adjusting resolution and frame rate to fit a file-size limit. Add your recording or existing GIF, choose an output format and a size target, and it handles those adjustments automatically.
The size targets are 5MB, 10MB and 20MB. There isn’t an 8MB option matching this forum’s attachment limit, but the 5MB target fits within it.
You can trim a clip, crop the frame, add mosaic, and convert several files together. Everything is processed on your device, so your source files aren’t uploaded to a server. There’s no watermark.
If you make GIFs and upload to the forum for progress updates, animation previews, or bug reports, I’d love to hear how it works for you.
Here’re some clips made with wooingbee inkoder:

Animation: cenullum (CC0). Godot Engine logo © 2017 Andrea Calabró (CC BY 4.0). Converted to GIF using wooingbee inkoder.

DOGWALK — Ice Movement Overhaul, Julien Kaspar / Blender Studio. CC BY 4.0. Excerpted, resized, muted and converted to GIF using wooingbee inkoder.