Xcode build error with Godot 4.2.1

Godot Version

Question

Hi all!
I’m just trying to test out an iOS build with Godot 4.2.1 and I’m hitting this error -

xcodebuild: error: Unable to find a destination matching the provided destination specifier:
{ generic:1, platform:iOS }

Ineligible destinations for the “GodotTests” scheme:
{ platform:iOS, id:dvtdevice-DVTiPhonePlaceholder-iphoneos:placeholder, name:Any iOS Device, error:iOS 17.2 is not installed. To use with Xcode, first download and install the platform }

Any idea what might be causing that? It mentions iOS 17.2, could that be where the problem is coming from? I can’t see where to specify this version in the export settings.

Also I’m seeing this message.
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 3.49.14 pm

Thanks,
Pete

Make sure you’ve followed the general Exporting instructions (Exporting projects — Godot Engine (stable) documentation in English), as well as the iOS specific ones (Exporting for iOS — Godot Engine (stable) documentation in English). I haven’t tried exporting to iOS myself, but the steps described there should be sufficient.

@rpahut, that link provides no help to this persons issue.

The actual issue is you need to open Xcode → Settings → Platforms, and install/download the iOS 17.2 option.

1 Like

Hey thanks! I’ll have another try. :grinning:
Yeah that looks like it’s fixed that error, Thanks! :raised_hands:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.