Blury text on label

Godot Version

Question

Whenever i start a new project, insert anything to do with text (label, button, etc). The text that is displayed has a blurry outline around it which i don’t want.

If i download this project: GitHub - popcar2/GodotOS: A Fake Operating System Interface made in Godot!, add a label the text shown is not blurry and how i would like it to be. (no picture because limited to one embed)

I have tried playing around with the CanvasItem/Texture/Filter settings which either seem to do nothing or make the text pixelated (which is not the style i’m going for)

Is there a setting i need to change to get the text to show up not blurry?

After comparing the new project project.godot file with the one provide in GitHub - popcar2/GodotOS: A Fake Operating System Interface made in Godot!, i found this section that wasn’t in mine

[gui]

theme/default_font_hinting=2
theme/default_font_multichannel_signed_distance_field=true
theme/lcd_subpixel_layout=0

After copying this and placing it into my project.godot file, the text no longer shows up being blurry.

Although i still don’t know what setting i’m meant to change in godot itself, this has fixed my problem.

Hinting is set for the font you use in your theme:
https://docs.godotengine.org/en/stable/tutorials/ui/gui_using_fonts.html

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.