Hi everyone! I’ve been building Gravity Shift: Cyber Protocol in Godot 4 with GDScript, and I’d like to share the first trailer.
Trailer: https://youtu.be/hzo9-tm0ENE?si=xiLhsZNoUzLRE_fe
Mechanics Used:
- Gravity inversion wells
- Boost pads
- Portals
- Pressure switches
- Movable blocks
- Data cubes (collectibles)
- Exit gateway (the goal)
Hazards: laser emitters and spikes. They are always magenta so you can spot them at a glance.
Chambers are defined in JSON so i can build and tweak quickly.
One feature missed in the trailer: Friend Challenges! You can now challenge connected friends, see who comes out on top, and get dynamic win reactions. The game runs on PC (Windows & Linux) as well as Android.
Status: In development (fixing bugs and making improvements). If anyone wants to join the Android playtest, I’d love to have you!
I’d love feedback on the trailer, especially whether the gravity mechanic is clear in the first few seconds. If you’ve shipped a Godot game on Steam or Android, I’d also like to hear what you wish you’d known earlier.
Thanks for looking!