Inventory in Canvas Layer isnot moving with the other UI nodes in canvas layer

Godot Version

Question

In my world scene. I have a canvas layer where I put all of the UI stuff. Like my quest UI to look at quests you have active. and My inventory fo rmy player. For some reason, the quest UI follows the camera and the canvas layer but the inventory system does not. The Item Panels in the inventory do, but the back of the inventory just stays where it is in the world scene. I don’t understand how that is even possible that the slots, which are children of the Inventory Back, move but the other part doesn’t. Can someone help me?

Show your Node tree and how the CanvasLayers are configured.

Enable Follow Viewport.

I got the same issue before. It seem to appear inconsistantly and affect only the first panel background of your controls node in the new canvas layers (even if it’s link to another object like a line edit) and don’t follow the camera. Don’t know why and how to deal with it, in my case it just desappaer after a change in my menu.

Do you have by any chance an integrated Intel Graphics card? In that case you might come across this issue: Zero child of CanvasLayer (which is a child of Camera2D) may render with wrong transform [Windows, Intel HD 630 or lower] · Issue #58314 · godotengine/godot · GitHub

1 Like

Yeah. That was the problem. I was so confused because it was working on other computers. Haha thanks so much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.