Pause menu reappears when I jump?

Godot Version

Question

I started using Godot a couple of days ago and began by making my first game by following YouTube guides etc. and so far it’s been going well. However, I ran into a problem when I was trying to implement my pause menu. The menu works as intended however after opening the menu pressing resume and then jumping in-game, the menu appears again and fades away. I use 2 key binds for jumping, one of them is W the other is Space and the menu only appears when I jump with space. My assumption is that after I click on resume, the button gets focused (because in that appearing and fading motion, the button has a white outline) and because I press Space it thinks I pressed resume again. Just in case I will attach the script for the pause menu, however I doubt the problem is there.

Edit:
While trying to take a screenshot of the fading-away menu, I realized that I could still click the buttons on the menu even though the menu itself wasn’t visible. WHICH IS EVEN MORE CONCERNING PLEASE HELP!

Screenshot 2024-05-06 021019

I see that you have an animation for the menu. I assume you’re only animating the transparency of the menu, and transparent elements can still be clicked.

I believe that you should set visible to false on the elements you want to be unclickable. Setting the visibility of the parent should suffice.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.