PiN the Guardian Spirit - Action 2D Platformer [Wishlist/Try the demo on Steam!]

That’s way too high… they’re going to push out their individual customers in favour of businesses…
Yeah, FireAlpaca is the way :joy:

Procreate did cost me, but it was just one time of £7.99. Updates since then have been free, so no complaints from me. I’m glad there’s so many good alternatives out there!

1 Like

i think I will order an IPad and give Procreate a try :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I can vouch for it! The only thing to look out for is the apple pencil feeling too “smooth” on the screen; you do get used to it, but you can also buy those “grip” style nibs for the pen.

Looks nice, but also looks like he’s flipping off the player :grimacing:
Also consider adding the logo in the artwork behind the player - that would be cool.

1 Like

Haha yeah… I sort of thought that earlier :joy: I think if I lower his middle finger a bit; it should get rid of that :grimacing:

Yeah for sure - it’s on my to-do list. (Low-key waiting on a Wombo update)

1 Like

Read my mind. There’s a new Wombo update coming this week. Unfortunately not that much is new, since my to-do has been a bit backlogged with QoL and bug fixing. It does play a bit better though, and the tutorial has been improved. Plus, performance improvements and lighting that doesn’t burn your retinas (courtesy of QA from the Godot discord.)

1 Like

Love to hear it. I mean it’s gotta be done at some point; may as well have it sorted

1 Like

The cape and shoe feels kinda unshaded.
The art is awesome!

It’s soo good! I wanna use it as wallpaper. Do I have the permissions : )

1 Like

Thanks Frozen! Yeah, it’s not finished yet! Just thought I’d post something anyhow. There’s still more shading like you said, line work, lighting and final touch ups to do :saluting_face:

Edit: sure! use away haha

1 Like

Small QOL update!

  1. Thought I’d improve the title screen a bit; it felt a bit flat. It now has world 1 at night; but I might change this to load whichever world you’re currently at; and show that:

  2. Little entrance animation when you drop into a new level (I have no idea why he started twitching the second I hit record, go figure):

  3. Objects you can smack around! ignore the terrible placeholder art. A mixture of things you can smack and break which will give the areas more personality and life:

  4. More squash and stretch in PiN’s, enemies, etc. animations:

  5. Counter! has been tweaked. It felt too high-risk, low-reward. So instead of the base projectile being -1HP and a parried projectile being -3.. it’s now -50. Absolutely worth your time:

  6. The wall-jump finally feels consistent. Just need to sort the camera to be gentler while doing so:

5 Likes

The way the menu is set up RN, it looks like the Exit button is highlighted. Make sure the selected button is brighter, not darker.

1 Like

Good shout man; I’ll tweak that now.

Also, I’m trying a little comic book setup for cut scenes outside of gameplay.
It’s not quiiiite polished yet, but:
Behold!

Edit: Decided to merge the portal from the loading screen to make it more immersive

4 Likes

Who is this little fire : )

1 Like

Sol :saluting_face: Your little partner. He shows up as that orange orb during gameplay; but I might change it so you can see him properly

2 Likes

This the guy?

That’s the one haha. Originally I wanted him to just be a generic orb/fairy type of helper that floats around you. But I’ve ended up adding lore and designs to everything over time

1 Like

TimeTrial is working! Your best time is saved.
Just need to fix the jittering and update the ghost’s angles.

I’m thinking of making an online leaderboard where you can download other peoples’ ghosts and race them.

4 Likes

Damn, game looks insanely good.
Once the leaderboard’s in, you could use Talo to save all player ghosts so you could choose one to race with maybe?

1 Like

Thanks!
Exactly yeah - anyone’s uploaded time will have a ghost icon - so it will notify you it’s ready to download and race

1 Like

That looks fantastic. How did you record the player movement for the ghost? Did you record the state and transforms at every x frames?

1 Like