Replacing Textures

Godot Version

Question

I’m creating a game similar to Spooky’s Jumpscare Mansion, and I want the walls, floors, and ceilings to swap textures / materials depending on the room number. I’m currently using gridmaps, if that matters. What would be the best way to accomplish this?

just replace the meshlibrary of the gridmap to a new meshlibrary with other textures? else i believe we are touching shaders territory

Oh boy, sounds daunting either way.

i’ve seen people creating the meshlibrary in less than a minute, by just drop drag the mesh, save as a meshlibrary thingy, are you using the same technique?

I’m using a bit of a strange technique. In order to optimize how I create gridmaps, I combined all the possible directions of a cube into a set of meshes. I did this to have the textures aligned properly and be able to have them be see-through from the back. It’s probably not the best practice though.

After thinking on it, I think it would be best to do this with a shader, but I have no experience with shaders and can’t find any info on what I’m trying to do. Could someone point me in the right direction?