Why is this simple code not working?

Godot Version

4.2.1.stable.official

Question

Hello! I just started using Godot some hours ago, I learned how to make scenes, mess with particles, buttons, all the good stuff, but my code for some reason is half working, and I have almost 0 previous knowledge of any form of coding so I don’t know why it’s not working.
As you can see in the image, it’s very simple, but the 7th line doesn’t have the green door on the left side of the number
whereisitwrong
when I play the game, the Play button work as intended, but the Exit button doesn’t stop playing the particle effect when I stop hovering over, and also another func (of another button) that is not in this image doesn’t play at all the effect. I ctrl + D the effect, changed it to be unique, carefully changed the name and positioned it where it should be on the tree, but it’s not working and I don’t know why, and the debugging tool also doesn’t accuse of anything except the green door on the left size of the line number isn’t appearing.
Can someone help me? =) Thanks in advance! Also, I’m addicted already :smiley:

2 Likes

If the green icon is missing, it means that no signal is connected to this function, so the event mouse_exited is never handled. Find the signal in Inspector > Node > Signals and double-click it to create a new connection.

4 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.