How do I get the file creation date?

Godot Version

v4.2.1.stable.official [b09f793f5]

Question

Hello,
for my small Godot app I need to find out the creation date of a file. I know that i can get the last modified date with the FileAccess class ,but unfortunately Godot seemed not to have a function for the creation date. The reason I am asking is because, I am loading a list of files from different folders and sub-folders into a SQLite database and the user needs to have the possibility to filter them by different attributes like Name, Folder, Creation date and other thing I read out of the files.

Does anybody know a good and fast way to get the file creation date in Godot?

Not currently, see:

1 Like

Many thanks for your quick reply. I was hoping that already something exists because the request you refer to is from 2020. But there was GDNative mentioned, something I haven’t thought about yet, so maybe this will the way to do it right now, if nobody else has a good Idea.

Thanks again for the link which pushed me into the GDNative direction. I wrote a small GDExtension with the help of the template in the documentation. It seemed to work very well but is currently working only for Windows (which is fine for me). If there is someone else with this problem, I have put my current sample Extension on GitHub.

Test extension to get File creation date

2 Likes