(Looking for Help) Godot 4+ Multiplayer Seamless Open-World Chunks

JDungeon by Mawakajaka For the goal right now it is easy to play this but imagine it has seamless chunk loading and unloading. As instead of the black world boundary a new chunk loads in seamlessly. What are your suggestions and thoughts?

Update: GitHub - WithinAmnesia/ARPG at ARPG-Infinite-Worlds Here is the 128x128 with 32x32 pixel tile chunk to test.

My initial testing seems to feel even faster combat with the 128x128 chunk. This 128x128 chunk has the same amount of entities as the 256x256 chunk. For I moved all of the entities over into the 128x128 chunk. This 128x128 chunk is a good test for using the Infinite-Worlds using the BinarySerializer for Godot 4.2+ from Theraot. There needs to be some testing how to make the chunks seamlessly load and unload.

Any help with the main proposal would help: Godot 4+ Multiplayer Seamless Open-World Chunks · Issue #8981 · godotengine/godot-docs · GitHub . I was recommended to post this here from Github: (Looking for Help) Godot 4+ Multiplayer Seamless Open-World Chunks · godotengine/godot-proposals · Discussion #9109 · GitHub

JDungeon by Mawakajaka For the goal right now it is easy to play this but imagine it has seamless chunk loading and unloading. As instead of the black world boundary a new chunk loads in seamlessly. What are your suggestions and thoughts?

Update: GitHub - WithinAmnesia/ARPG at ARPG-Infinite-Worlds Here is the 128x128 with 32x32 pixel tile chunk to test.

My initial testing seems to feel even faster combat with the 128x128 chunk. This 128x128 chunk has the same amount of entities as the 256x256 chunk. For I moved all of the entities over into the 128x128 chunk. This 128x128 chunk is a good test for using the Infinite-Worlds using the BinarySerializer for Godot 4.2+ from Theraot: BinarySerializer for Godot 4.2+ · GitHub . There needs to be some testing how to make the chunks seamlessly load and unload.

Previous Original Post Archived Version: "Test chunks link: (Need Help) Godot 4+ Multiplayer Seamless Open-World Chunks. Combat Latency Server Mystery? · WithinAmnesia/ARPG · Discussion #15 · GitHub

I’m trying to find a way to seamless load and unload chunks for a 2D multiplayer game project to make an open world with a working server using Godot 4.2.1,NET. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE36MVjB5-8

How can this work for multiplayer and what is needed for this to potentially work? What options can be used for chunk loading and unloading seamlessly in Godot 4.2.1,NET? Please give feedback."

How to save and load multiplayer guide. · Issue #100 · Zylann/voxelgame · GitHub We figured it out! Now its phase 3 with trying to convert the working multiplayer dynamic seamless chunk system to top down 2D. We are onto the next puzzle to solve now: How to make the top down 2D multiplayer branch for Godot 4.2.1.NET+ Compatibility and browers? · Issue #101 · Zylann/voxelgame · GitHub

How to make the top down 2D multiplayer branch for Godot 4.2.1.NET+ Compatibility and browers? · Issue #101 · Zylann/voxelgame · GitHub Big 2D/3D hybrid progress update!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.