Navigating in 3D plane as an editor

Godot Version

Godot 4.2.1

Question

I don’t know is this my only issue or not, but i can’t move with wasd in 3D. Not my character, but when navigating as editor. I have seen a ton of youtube tutorial that saying shortcut like Shift + right click + W to move your editing perspective or something similar but nothing happen in mine. Is this setting problem or i am doing it wrong? But i have been trying several shortcut that other people used and some of them seems to not working for me. Thank you.

You don’t need Shift. Just hold down the right mouse button over the 3D viewport. As long as you hold it down, you should be able to move with WASD (and mouse movement to change camera direction)

1 Like

Can i move up and down? I mean is there shortcut to move up and down? Sorry i am kinda new to game dev and even way more new to godot

Q and E are used to move down and up. And don’t worry, we’ve all been new at some point :grin:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Sometimes its harder to find solution for small stuff. Its small but very helpful :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.